Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How to Get Cheap Satellite Even If You Already Have a Satellite Internet Service

Satellite internet is similar to other high speed internet services. To use the service, you have to sign a service contract for a specific period of time. In the initial stages of your contract, you often get a lower rate as an incentive for signing up. But then the price increases to regular rates. The increase is often quite a lot. Even so, you can still get cheap satellite internet. Here's how to do it.

There are advantages and disadvantages to having satellite high speed internet. The disadvantage is the fact that you have to pay more than with DSL or cable internet. The advantage lies with the fact that satellite internet is an emerging technology.

Broadband Satellite Internet

Any new technological product that comes into the marketplace generates a lot of buzz and a high cost initially. If you think for example about flat screen TVs. The price today is a lot less than it was when they first became available. The cost goes down as improvements are made in the technology.

Because of the limited customer base, satellite providers of internet services rarely use conventional advertising. That's why, when your promotional price is over, you should contact your service provider and ask about new packages and pricing.

Maybe there will be a new package available and maybe not. But the point is you probably won't be aware of it unless you ask them. And if there isn't one now, call them back in 6 months. Things change very quickly in this industry.

Whatever you do, do not wait until after your contract runs out to contact them. Believe me, I know. I waited and it cost me a lot. You see, my contract had expired and I was carrying on, on a monthly basis. I knew I should check into a new contract but I hadn't done so.

Then one day out of the blue I got a phone call from my internet service provider offering a better package and better pricing if I renewed for a year. Because of updates and improvements in their satellite service, they could now offer their existing customers an improved package for less money.

If I had contacted them as soon as my contract expired I could have been saving per month for more than 6 months. They were going through their customer files and offering new deals to customers who had completed their contracts when my name came up.

Better yet is that if at any time a better price comes into effect during the period of my contract, I am eligible for it, just by renewing again for a year.

As the internet via satellite business becomes more competitive, more service providers will be trying to get a bigger share of this booming market. If a service provider already has your business, they will go to great lengths to avoid having you move on to a different provider. The result is better packages and lower pricing.

Why not take advantage of this? It's certainly a good idea to see what's on offer from the competition but be sure to check out what your existing service provider has available. The fact is that even if you have a contract, you may still be able to negotiate and get cheap satellite internet right now.

How to Get Cheap Satellite Even If You Already Have a Satellite Internet Service

No comments:

Post a Comment